Your privacy is important to us
The private company with limited liability TRIBES Holding B.V. (and all its subsidiaries), with its registered office in Rhenen and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under trade registry number: 58603220, and all (subsidiary) companies affiliated with it, (hereinafter also referred to as: "Tribes" or "we" or "our"), process personal data.
The term personal data refers to all data about a natural person that can be traced back to that person, directly or indirectly, or whereby it is possible to trace the information back to that person (hereinafter also referred to as: "you" or “data subject(s)").
Tribes considers it important to protect your privacy and therefore processes personal data entirely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter also referred to as: "GDPR"), which entered into force in all EU Member States on 25 May 2018.
1. Scope of this privacy statement
This privacy statement applies to the following categories of natural persons:
- visitors to Tribes’ websites: http://www.tribes.world, http://www.tribes.nl and http://www.tribes.be;
- visitors of the social media used by Tribes (including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook);
- persons who receive the Tribes newsletter;
- persons who have completed the contact form on the Tribes website;
- visitors to Tribes’ various establishments;
- participants in meetings organized by Tribes;
- Tribes’ business relations (contract holders);
- users of Tribes’ services;
- all other persons who contact Tribes or whose personal data Tribes processes, with the exception of Tribes employees.
Tribes cannot verify whether the visitors to its website and/or the visitors to social media used by Tribes are under age and advises persons who have parental authority or custody of minors to monitor their online conduct, so that the data of minors are not processed by Tribes.
If it is not clear to you whether this privacy statement applies to you, you may always contact us as described in article 9 of this privacy statement.
2. Processing purposes
Tribes processes all personal data that are necessary to enable it to provide its services to you. This means that Tribes processes personal data in any case for the following purposes:
- to enter into and perform (business) agreement(s) concluded between you and Tribes, including the sending of fee statements/invoices;
- to allow you to make use of the services and facilities of Tribes;
- to make appointments and reservations;
- to maintain (customer) contact, including the sending of newsletters and other information requested by you;
- to invite you to meeting(s) organised by or within Tribes;
- to increase Tribes’ customer base;
- to optimize Tribes’ website: http://www.tribes.world, http://www.tribes.nl and http://www.tribes.be;
- to optimize the social media used by Tribes;
- to optimize the newsletter;
- to measure and maintain the website's general user statistics;
3. Personal data that are processed
Tribes processes all personal data that persons provide to Tribes themselves. Data can be provided during an (intake) interview, a discussion or meeting, by telephone, or digitally (by e-mail or by means of the customer contact form on the Tribes website) or data stemming from an agreement concluded between you and Tribes. Here personal data such as the following should come to mind:
- name and address and other contact details such as your e-mail address and telephone number;
- IP-addresses of visitors to the website ;
- Information collected by cookies;
- date of birth;
- (ID) data that are processed pursuant to the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act;
- (Vitoz) personal numbers that are linked to the access passes of Tribes’ establishments;
- organization and position;
- financial and administrative data;
- any other information that is necessary for the purpose for which the information is provided and that is voluntarily made available to Tribes by the data subject.
4. Bases for the processing
Tribes processes personal data on the following statutory bases:
- consent given by you. Consent means each free, specific, informed and unequivocal expression of will by which you accept that your personal data are processed. The consent given can be withdrawn at any time;
- the processing is necessary to comply with a statutory obligation resting on Tribes, such as Tribes’ obligation to keep certain financial and administrative data;
- the processing is necessary to enter into or perform the agreement to which you are a party;
- the processing is necessary to represent Tribes’ legitimate interests, such as fraud prevention or marketing purposes.
5. Processors and third parties
Tribes may engage external service providers ("processors") for the processing of personal data in order to achieve the processing purposes listed in article 2 of this privacy statement. Tribes concludes processing agreements with such processors that meet the requirements set by the GDPR. Your rights will be safeguarded by the processor in the same way as they are safeguarded by Tribes and as these rights are described in this privacy statement.
Tribes may also provide personal data to a third party, such as a supervisory authority or another body with public authority, in so far as there is a statutory obligation to do so. In principle, Tribes does not share personal data with other (commercial) organizations, unless the sharing of the personal data takes place within the framework (of the organization) of an event.
In principle, Tribes does not transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In the event that personal data are in fact transferred outside the EEA by Tribes, that personal data is only transferred to countries that the European Commission has determined offer an appropriate level of protection, or if there are appropriate safeguards within the meaning of the GDPR.
6. Security of personal data
Tribes has appropriate technical and organizational measures in place, to ensure that your personal data are processed in such a way that appropriate security is safeguarded and that your personal data are protected against, inter alia, unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
7. Retention of personal data
Tribes does not retain personal data for any longer than is necessary. Tribes adheres to the following retention periods:
- data pursuant to the agreement concluded: 7 years after the end of the agreement;
- administrative and financial data: 7 years after the end of an agreement;
- data of applicants: up to 2 years after completion of the application procedure;
- data of existing customer relations: immediately after they request removal of their personal data, except in cases where Tribes is under a statutory obligation to keep the data;
- data that visitors to the website leave on the customer contact form: 5 years after recording the data, unless the data subject requests that data are destroyed during this period;
- data of persons who have subscribed for the newsletter: immediately after they unsubscribe for the newsletter;
8. Website, cookies and social media
To increase the usability of Tribes’ websites, so-called 'cookies' are used. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, tablet or smartphone, etc., during your visit to Tribes’ websites. You can refuse the use of these cookies at any time, but this can affect the functionality and usability of the website(s).
Tribes’ website shows buttons and/or links to promote webpages or to enable sharing on the social (media) networks or websites of third parties, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook. Tribes does not monitor, and is not responsible for, the processing of your personal data by and through such third parties. The use of such media is therefore at your own risk. Before you make use of the services of third parties, you should first read the privacy statement of the third party concerned.
9. Rights and requests
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- the right to inspect your personal data;
- the right to have your personal data changed;
- the right to have your personal data removed if they are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were acquired, except in cases where Tribes is under a statutory obligation to keep the data;
- the right to limit your personal data;
- the right to have your personal data transferred to another organization;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to file a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
For further information or to file a request as set out above, you can contact Tribes by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Changes privacy statement
Tribes can change this privacy statement at any time. The Tribes website always shows the most recent version of this privacy statement. Tribes therefore advises you to regularly consult the Tribes website.